(From the Cultural Center of the Philippines)
THE Cultural Center of the Philippines and Cinemalaya Foundation Inc. announce the finalists for the Short Film Category of the 2019 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival.
From 168 submitted entries, the selection committee, composed of Nick Deocampo, Teddy Co, Milo Sogueco, Alvin Yapan and Law Fajardo, narrowed down the list and confirmed the 10 finalists.
The 10 finalists are:
- “‘Wag Mo Kong Kausapin” by Josef Gacutan
- “Disconnection Notice” by Glenn Lowell Averia
- “Gatilyo”by Harold Lance Pialda
- “Heist School” by Julius Renomeron Jr.
- “Hele ng Maharlika” (Lullaby of the Free) by Norvin de los Santos
- “Kontrolado ni Girly Ang Buhay Niya” by Gilb Baldoza
- “Sa Among Agwat” (In Between Spaces) by Don Senoc
- “Sa Gabing Tanging Liwanag ay Paniniwala” by Francis Amir Guillermo
- “Shoemaker” by Sheron Dayoc
- “Tembong” (Connecting) by Shaira Advincula.
Now on its 15th year, the 2019 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival will happen from August 2 to 11 at CCP in Pasay City.